[neomutt-users] Sorting reverse-date

Nicolas Bock nicolasbock at gmail.com
Fri Mar 9 17:26:08 CET 2018

On Fri, Mar 09, 2018 at 01:22:24AM +0100, Elimar Riesebieter wrote:
>* Nicolas Bock <nicolasbock at gmail.com> [2018-03-08 08:37 -0700]:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I can't quite figure out how to tell neomutt to sort emails such
>> that they are threaded with the latest thread first, but with
>> thread sorted oldest first.
>>
>> I am using the following settings:
>>
>>  set sort = threads
>>  set sort_aux = reverse-last-date-received
>>
>> And what I see is that the latest threads do come first, but the
>> messages inside a thread are also sorted in reverse date order. Is
>> there some other combination of settings that might address this?
>
>You can sort threads by the default key binding:
>
><sort-mailbox> o sort messages
><sort-reverse> O sort messages in reverse order
>
>The default key bindings are o O.

Hi Elimar,

thanks for the tip! Those keybindings will resort the whole mailbox though. I would like the mailbox to be sorted threaded in reverse date order and the messages within the thread to be sorted in normal date order. So far I haven't been able to figure out how to get neomutt to do that.

Thanks,

Nick