[neomutt-users] can't connect to IMAPS server with neomutt 20180622

Richard Cobbe rcobbe at rcobbe.net
Mon Jul 2 17:41:30 CEST 2018

On Mon, Jul 02, 2018 at 10:51:20AM +0100, Richard Russon wrote:
> Hi Richard,
>
> Thanks for the bug report.

Thanks for your quick response!

> > I upgraded neomutt from 20180512 to 20180622 via MacPorts
> > I'm consistently unable to connect to my mail provider's IMAPS server
>
> > it sits for a very long time at the "Logging in..." step
>
> Oh, sorry about that.

No big deal; MacPorts makes it easy to downgrade.

> > What additional information would be useful?
>
> What's `imap_authenticators` set to?
>     neomutt -Q imap_authenticators

[weatherwax:~]$ neomutt -Q imap_authenticators
imap_authenticators=""

> > The logfile from starting neomutt -d 5 ?
>
> Yes, that'd be very useful.
>
> WARNING: Logging at that level can reveal private info,
>          especially the line: "a0000 AUTHENTICATE..."

Ok.  I'm a bit rushed at the moment, so I don't have time to do this
experiment just now, but I'll try to look at it once I get home from work
this evening.

I'm inclined to send the (appropriately redacted) log to you in a private
message, rather than cluttering the list.  Is that OK, or would you prefer
to keep the conversation public?

> I've just created two new branches:
>     devel/imap-revert-1
>     devel/imap-revert-2
>
> Please can you give them a try.
> Hopefully, one of these will fix your problem and narrow the field even further.

It may be a couple of days before I have a chance to try this out, but I'll
do my best to get to it promptly.

Thanks again,

Richard