[neomutt-users] cannot encrypt with gpg in neomutt

Mason Hock mason at masonhock.com
Thu Jan 4 17:06:03 CET 2018

Hi, Pietro. Thanks for your response.
> Are you using gpgme? set crypt_use_gpgme = yes.
The only change after adding this file is that signing no longer words. When I attempt to send a signed message I get

secret key `238FA70D' not found: End of file?

I then tried taking a working gpgme configuration from here: https://gist.github.com/hjst/3f0f763f8dd8e722ae5e

The last line, after changing the keyid to my own, gave me an error when starting neomutt

Error in /home/mason/.mutt/gpg.rc, line 44: id=238FA70D: unknown command

so I commented it out.

Upon restarting neomutt, I still cannot send signed or encrypted messages. Is additional configuration for gpgme required?

Thanks,

Mason