[neomutt-users] Tool that enables sending HTML-formatted mail with Mutt

Amit Ramon amit.ramon at riseup.net
Thu Jan 4 20:00:34 CET 2018

Andrew Sullivan <ajs at anvilwalrusden.com> [2018-01-04 11:55 -0500]:

>On Thu, Jan 04, 2018 at 06:46:00PM +0200, Amit Ramon wrote:

>> A hook inside Mutt/NeoMutt would be a great idea, but as far as I
>> know Mutt/NeoMutt don't currently have such a feature.

>Sure does.  See item 6 in the Advanced Usage section of the manual:
>https://www.neomutt.org/guide/advancedusage.  I suspect that a
>message-hook or send-hook.

My ignorance - you're, of course, right.

It seems that the most appropriate hook is send2-hook. A line like this:

send2-hook "~l" 'source /path/to/sendmail-plain.rc'

will, for example, source my script that set the sending method to
plain text when sending email to a known list.

Similarly, one could define hooks for specifying when to send in HTML format.

I've just modified my Mutt't configuration - it'll now switch
automatically to plain text when I send mail to this list :-)

I should add this to the README file.

Thanks,

Amit