[neomutt-users] Old (O) messages shown as new (N) in index

Sven Guckes neomutt-lists at guckes.net
Sun Dec 16 20:13:24 CET 2018

* Mihai Lazarescu <mtlagm at gmail.com> [2018-12-16 18:54]:
> I'm using NeoMutt 20180716 with maildir folders on Fedora 28.
>
> Flag Old (O) is shown as New (N) whenever I reopen the
> folder.  I.e., I cannot make permanent the "O" flag:
> http://www.mutt.org/doc/manual/#tab-msg-status-flags
>
> Coming from mutt, I would expect that after setting Old flag
> (<set-flag>O) and syncing (<sync-mailbox>), when I reopen
> the folder to see that the message preserved the flag "O"
> (old) in index.  But I see it flagged as "N" (new) instead.
>
> Is this behaviour intended?

well.. what's your "mark_old" set to?

Sven

---------------
$ man neomuttrc
/^ *mark_old
mark_old | Type: boolean | Default: yes
Controls whether or not NeoMutt marks new unread messages
as old if you exit a mailbox without reading them.
With this option set, the next time you start NeoMutt,
the messages will show up with an “O” next to them
in the index menu, indicating that they are old.

$ neomutt -v | head -1
NeoMutt 20180716-790-820251