[neomutt-users] S/MIME signature verification

Duan Weining wn.duan at gmail.com
Sat Dec 8 04:40:23 CET 2018

On Fri, Dec 07, 2018 at 01:16:31PM -0800, Ian Zimmerman wrote:
> Is it supposed to work?  It doesn't for me, ever.  I have compiled
> neomutt for myself, and the configure option is enabled.

I'm not an experienced user on Neomutt. I have Neomutt and GnuPG
set up and they worked fine for me. My muttrc has the following options
to enable gpg functions:

`set crypt_use_gpgme = yes`
`set pgp_use_gpg_agent = yes`

and some other trival settings to control the behavior.

> Is there an equivalent to running gpg --verify from the command line?

Yes, `gpgsm --verify` would do the job.

GnuPG handels S/MIME functions via *gpgsm*, which is a tool very similar
to gpg. You may call `gpgsm -h` to see its usage and options. Or, for
more information, refer to the documentation:

https://www.gnupg.org/documentation/manuals/gnupg/Invoking-GPGSM.html

--
Weining Duan