[neomutt-users] startup performance of neomutt on big folders

Sven Guckes neomutt-lists at guckes.net
Fri Aug 24 02:33:56 CEST 2018

* Elimar Riesebieter <riesebie at lxtec.de> [2018-08-23 18:31]:
> * Sven Guckes <neomutt-lists at guckes.net> [2018-08-23 17:12 +0200]:
> > how are your startup times on your machines
> > after adjusting the increment values?
>   neomutt -F blo -f ~/.mail/vim-dev
>   2,00s user 1,01s system 20% cpu 14,418 total
> whereas vim-dev counts 85362 mails.

funny.. the folder i was talking about is also
my VIM folder..  89720 messages and counting.
however, the count on vim-dev mails is just 7432.

> Anyway, using header-cache within my usual
> workflow fires up vim-dev in an tenth...

my neomutt starts up within 3secs on those ~90K
messages..  but without header cache (-hcache).
how big will a mail folder have to be to
make the startup take more than 10secs? hmm..
anyone have a copy of the linux kernel maillist?

Sven

--
neomutt maillist reminder: please *sign* your messages.
why?  because we can, right?!  :-)