[neomutt-users] Sending mail broken for me on version 2018-07-16

Peter P. peterparker at fastmail.com
Wed Aug 1 20:25:53 CEST 2018

Hi,

After a few days I found out that sending mail does no longer work with
neomutt version 2018-07-16 on Debian testing as opposed to its
predecessor 2018-05-21.

In my muttrc I point towards a script
	set sendmail="~/.mutt/mysendmail_abc.sh"

which contains a wrapper around lbdb-fetchaddr and msmtpq:
	#!/bin/bash
	tee >(lbdb-fetchaddr -a -x "to:cc")|/home/peter/bin/msmtpq -a abc $@

This works with neomutt 2018-05-21 but no longer with 2018-07-16 and I
did not send email for three days without noticing. If anyone has an
idea what could be the reason I'd be happy to hear it and get my email
system up and running again.

Thank you!
Peter