[neomutt-users] Email skipping around when walking through inbox

Don Zickus dzickus at redhat.com
Tue May 16 17:26:07 CEST 2017

Hi,

I have a setup of virtual mailboxes using notmuch.  When I walk through my
virtual inbox (in pager mode), every once in awhile instead of going to the
next email in my index, it randomly jumps somewhere near the top of the
index (still in pager mode) (ie it will go from index number 3000 to say
10).  It is reproduceable for certain emails but not everyone in a thread.  The
issue seems to disappear when I refresh my virtual inbox.

I am using the 'NeoMutt Release 2017-04-28' git tree release.

I tried running 'mutt -d2' and watching the logs, but they seem dry. When I
try to move down to the next message, the only debug info that pops out is
'the refreshing of all my virtual mailboxes' and the opening of the DB and
'Reorder: ...' messages.  Not much.

Willing to debug/hack/compile/whatever, just need pointers.

(please cc, I am not subscribed).

Cheers,
Don