[neomutt-users] mutt-addressbook: A LDAP query tool

Guyzmo z+mutt+neomutt at m0g.net
Sun Feb 19 11:26:27 CET 2017

hi!

On Sun, Feb 19, 2017 at 11:05:45AM +0100, Pietro Cerutti wrote:
> > On 18 Feb 2017, at 20:52, Thomas Schneider <qsx at qsx.re> wrote:
> > Dear fellow (Neo)Mutt users,
> >
> > because I didn’t really like any of the available LDAP query tools, I
> > wrote my own: mutt-addressbook.py:
> > https://pypi.python.org/pypi/mutt-addressbook
> > https://github.com/qsuscs/mutt-addressbook
> >
> > You may notice the generic name, indeed I plan to implement other
> > backends once I find time (and need).

I wrote something similar to manage my addresses from within notmuch:

https://github.com/guyzmo/notmuch-abook

Though, I'm focused on using a vim plugin to complete addresses in the header
fields, because that's when I'm writing them, not in the compose screen
or in the couple of questions asked at send time.

> That's nice, I'vo got something similar for CardDAV here
> https://github.com/gahr/carddavsearch.tcl
> If only I could overcome the language barrier and write a CardDAV backend for your script... ;)

it shouldn't be that hard. Maybe integrating with khal could be a good
idea as well!

--
Zmo