[neomutt-devel] Header::collapsed and single message

Floyd Anderson f.a at 31c0.net
Wed Mar 7 20:49:16 CET 2018

Hi all,

as mentioned at [1], help/note for Header::collapsed is:

	“is this message part of a collapsed thread?”

and in my opinion a single (not threaded) message should never have
field collapsed set to true but I need someone to push me in the right
direction.

Am I wrong with my opinion? If yes, how to alternatively determine if a
message is part of a collapsed thread?

Background:

Currently I’m trying to figure out why OP_JUMP doesn’t work as expected
(also in upstream Mutt), when target message is collapsed. I think about
conditionally setting menu->current [2] and noticed that within function
collapse_all() (called from a folder hook), field collapsed is set to
true on all messages [3] in current mail box – regardless whether it is
threaded or not.

Shouldn’t macro CAN_COLLAPSE [4] or at least mutt_traverse_thread() [5]
be more aware when to set Header::collapsed to true?

Thanks in advanced for any help.