[neomutt-devel] Message Prefixes

Richard Russon rich at flatcap.org
Tue Jun 26 12:16:45 CEST 2018

The translators have worked very hard to get where we are today.  Thanks :-)
I'd like to make things easier by making the messages more similar.

---

Looking through the error messages,
I see 86 containing the word "error" and 29 containing "warning".

I'd like to suggest a standard prefix for these messages.
The prefix would be translated separately and added by the logging code.

Prefixes:
- "Error: "
- "Warning: "

The prefixes would be optional (defaulting to on).
The message colours (which default to off) would be independent of the prefixes.

For example, users could enable colours but disable the prefixes.

Does this sound useful?
Would this cause problems with translation?

Cheers,
    Rich / FlatCap