[neomutt-devel] Maildir and configfolder

Richard Russon rich at flatcap.org
Fri Aug 10 13:33:58 CEST 2018

Hi Stefan,

> 1) ~/.config/neomutt/
> 2) ~/.neomutt/
> Which folder should I use for the samples?

Actually, I think I'd pick ~/.neomutt for the samples.
Not all platforms will have a .config directory.
(and it's simpler)

> # Maildir
> im using dot-folders ... there are no subfolders

I think this is an IMAP server thing.
There's no reason for the user to have this arrangement.

Nested not-dot directories seem nicer.

> For "demo-mailbox" and "demo-setup" I would like to have a
> correct and good setup.

I've just pushed my "sample email generator" to the management repo.

    https://github.com/neomutt/management/blob/master/misc-bin/sample-emails/README.md

Give it a list of dirs and it'll generate a bunch of maildir mailboxes
containing a selection of emails with different dates, subjects, senders
and content.

Cheers,
    Rich / FlatCap