[neomutt-devel] Renaming Mutt to NeoMutt

Richard Russon rich at flatcap.org
Tue Sep 12 23:46:04 CEST 2017

Hi everyone,

We've just pushed a set of commits that rename Mutt to NeoMutt.

We've already achieved a lot and we should be proud of that,
so it's time to stand apart from Mutt.

The only change you'll really notice is that the binary has changed.

The binary is now /usr/bin/neomutt
The docs are now in /usr/share/doc/neomutt

There are a few slight changes to the config files that neomutt loads
when it starts.  For compatibility, it will still look for .muttrc, etc.

For up-to-date info, see:
    https://www.neomutt.org/guide/configuration

There are some more big changes to come.  We intend to split the main
repo into three parts: code, docs, contrib.  Also, we are planning to
replace the autoconf build system with something simpler, but just as
capable -- autosetup.

Your questions are welcome.

Cheers,
    Rich / FlatCap