[neomutt-devel] mutt vs neomutt

ng0 ng0 at infotropique.org
Mon Jul 10 15:14:29 CEST 2017

Fabian Groffen transcribed 0.8K bytes:
> On 10-07-2017 14:33:26 +0200, ng0 wrote:
> > We have the neomutt overlay, is someone willing to be the person
> > responsible for it (name+email listed) at overlays.gentoo.org so
> > that it can be more visible for a start?
> > The howto is described on the page itself, this is how we did it
> > with GNUnet.
> > Of course the real move would be to open a bug in the Gentoo
> > bugtracker and provide the patches based on the portage git
> > for inclusion.
>
> Adding the package is no big deal.  Maintaining it, however, is.  That's
> why I added the initial version to the "overlay".  So either way, it
> needs a maintainer.  Unfortunately I can't maintain it, for my time is
> very limited now and for the forseeable future.
>
> Thanks,
> Fabian
>

> --
> Fabian Groffen
> Gentoo on a different level

I might pick up the task again to get our (GNUnet) software into
Gentoo again, that's at least 5 packages. Occasionally sending a
version bump for x86 architecture (the only one I can test so far)
is okay for me if no one else steps up. I have a system to build
(and university as a primary focus soon) so ideally more than one
person will do the job for neomutt through proxy maintainer.
--
ng0
GnuPG: A88C8ADD129828D7EAC02E52E22F9BBFEE348588