[neomutt-devel] Compile Options and Compile Non-Options

Thomas Adam thomas at xteddy.org
Sat Jul 8 15:51:08 CEST 2017

On Sat, Jul 08, 2017 at 03:28:28PM +0200, Sven Guckes wrote:
> how much space does neomutt really need?
> my current stripped binary has 848KB.
> can i leave out "nntp"?  if so - how?
> cant find "nntp" in the configure script.

Why are you asking this question?  Indeed, looking at
version.c:Compile_Options comp_opts[], it's clear that some of the options are
hard-coded, which I'm implying are therefore a core part of mutt.

The others are via HAVE_* defines which will come from configure checks;
either directly or in part of the configure options.

But the exercise here isn't to make the assumption that the compile options
are either to be turned into things in the configure script.  That would be
wrong.

If this needs a documentation change to make things easier; patches welcome.

-- Thomas Adam