[neomutt-devel] Culling Issues

Richard Russon rich at flatcap.org
Mon Jul 3 14:46:25 CEST 2017

I've just spent three days triaging the issues.
I shouldn't have let the pile grow so high :-)

I've closed about fifty issues (plenty of fixes in there).
Unfortunately, for some, I've closed a lot of enhancement requests.

We've all got wishlists for NeoMutt and we'd love to implement them all,
but there simply isn't the manpower.  Many of the enhancements have been
moved to a "graveyard" discussions page:

    https://www.neomutt.org/dev/discussions

When someone volunteers to write some code, we'll happily reopen the issue.

# Why couldn't I have left them open?

Because the longer the list is, the less likely anyone is to read it.
At ~100 issues, things were being forgotten about and ignored.
By closing the stuff we cannot (or will not) do, we can keep our focus.

Please don't let this discourage you from raising issues.

* we want your bug reports...
* we want your enhancement ideas...

but we need to prioritise.

Cheers,