[neomutt-devel] Bug Fix Week

Richard Russon rich at flatcap.org
Sun Jan 29 13:09:38 CET 2017

> run those automatic checkers with travis

That's reasonable idea, once we've got them tidy.

> But i feel those checks should be separated from the main travis build.
> I don't know if its possible to have multiple travis jobs.

[background]
Travis gets triggered ONCE for each push to a repo.
If multiple commits are made, only the latest is tested.

For a push to [neomutt], travis does a large set of tests:
* one build for each line in 'neomutt.txt'
  https://github.com/neomutt/travis-build
* build and validate the docs
* make dist
* make distcheck

There's no reason that we can't add more tests.

Combine this with your idea to "only test what was committed", and it
shouldn't be too slow, either.

    https://github.com/neomutt/neomutt/issues/319

Rich