[neomutt-devel] Fwd: Re: which language for object orientation? Was: To fork or not to fork?

Fabian Groffen grobian at gentoo.org
Thu Jan 26 20:01:09 CET 2017

On 26-01-2017 19:43:23 +0100, guyzmo wrote:
> So why stick to C? Because currently there's about 84kloc in C that
> offers an efficient way to load mailboxes, and a neat interface to
> browse, read, sort and edit mail. C is portable across all Unix
> flavours, and most importantly, there's a huge community of C coders.

I had to grin when I read this, because elsewhere you were basically
advocating to screw all Unix and just focus on some recent Linux (+
Darwin?), which dramatically reduces your target set to platforms where
much fancier/safe/cool languages actually DO exist (and you could borrow
off the shelf implementations of all that mailbox/read/sort/edit stuff).

:)

Fabian

--
Fabian Groffen