[neomutt-devel] from tabs to spaces

Øyvind A. Holm sunny at sunbase.org
Wed Jan 25 22:29:32 CET 2017

On 2017-01-25 22:03:12, Sven Guckes wrote:
> * Bernard 'Guyzmo' Pratz <z+mutt+neomutt at m0g.net> [2017-01-25 21:53]:
> > * Refactoring
> >  * [Spaces vs Tabs] killall TABs?
> >  * add comments to all return codes
>
> get rid of all the TABs as soon as possible.  seriously.
> remember: "a space is a space is a space is a space".
>
> it might break the connection with mutt there.
> but i definitely think it will benefit, too.

OK, but please don't use only two spaces for indent, it's really painful
to work with. Please use at least 4.

FWIW, my preferred TAB length is 8, and if TABs is used as indent (not
alignment!), everybody could choose their favourite tab length. But I
won't bikeshed this, as long as it's at least 4, I'm happy.

Mvh,
Øyvind

+-| Øyvind A. Holm <sunny at sunbase.org> - N 60.37604° E 5.33339° |-+