[neomutt-devel] Labels/Keywords/Tags framework in mutt

Guyzmo z+mutt+neomutt at m0g.net
Sat Feb 18 10:35:32 CET 2017

On Fri, Feb 17, 2017 at 05:59:45PM -0800, David Champion wrote:
> > I never heard of those, are they implemented in mutt?
> The patch implements them.
> There's a lot of conversation here.  I don't think it's a benefit to
> carry it right now.  I will be reposting the patch on mutt-dev as soon
> as I know it's stable again.  Only about half applied cleanly since
> 1.7.0.

You said you're reposting, could you give the message-id of the first
post of your patchset on the ML? I cannot find it.

> I don't mean to be a jerk, but I'm not having a design discussion right
> now with neomutt.

And I don't mean to be a jerk, I'm just offering my help!

                       ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

> I'm letting you guys know about some work that was already done years
> ago, which mutt is planning to merge, or at least consider merging
> again.  Once that's done it can be productive to talk here or there
> about changes to the new code, but I don't want to redesign it in
> neomutt and then rewrite it for mutt, or worse have someone here
> rewrite it for neomutt and then need to backport the deltas.

Well, maybe trying to work together to have a patchset that supports all
keywords schemes with a common interface, including notmuch, and have it
done so that it can be merged in mutt isn't a bad idea?

> I am not cutting you out - everyone is welcome to participate - but
> the development happened for mutt and it's not useful to invert the
> flow right now.

I'm not trying to invert the flow, au contraire, I'm trying to get it
further to a point where it fits not only your use case, but most.

You said in an earlier post that you appreciate the momentum neomutt
has achieved, and regretted it was not for mutt directly. But when it
comes to collaborate, you're just discarding several people's input
(Mehdi, Pietro or myself), saying that first you want your way merged
and then we can talk.

--
Guyzmo