[neomutt-devel] NeoMutt 2017-12-08

Richard Russon rich at flatcap.org
Sat Dec 9 02:19:21 CET 2017

## Notes

There are a few bug fixes and feature improvements in this release.
However, most of the changes have been our work to modernise the code.

Other big news:

- Arch     - NeoMutt's been promoted from AUR to the Community
- Debian   - The Mutt and NeoMutt packages are completely separate
- MacPorts - We now have an automatic build system for MacOS
- Autoconf - This is the last release with autotools

## Thanks

Many thanks to our new contributors:

- Andreas Rammhold (@andir)
- Bletchley Park (@libBletchley)
- Joshua Root (@jmroot)
- Reis Radomil (@reisradomil)

and our regular contributors:

- Alad Wenter (@aladw)
- Julian Andres Klode (@julian-klode)
- Zero King (@l2dy)
- Tobias Angele (@toogley)
- Antonio Radici (@aradici)
- Edward Betts (@edwardbetts)
- Richard Hartmann (@RichiH)
- Leonardo Schenkel (@lbschenkel)
- Floyd Anderson (@floand)
- Pietro Cerutti (@gahr)
- Guillaume Brogi (@guiniol)

## Features

- Enhance ifdef feature to support my_ vars
- Add <edit-or-view-raw-message>
- Remove vim syntax file from the main repo
- Support reading FQDN from mailname files

## Bug Fixes

- Do not turn CRLF into LF when dealing with transfer-encoding=base64
- Cleanup "SSL is unavailable" error in mutt_conn_find
- Don't clear the macro buffer during startup
- Fixup smart modify-labels-then-hide for !tag case
- Add sleep after SMTP error
- Restore folder settings after folder-hook
- Fix segfault when pipe'ing a deleted message

## Docs

- Display_filter escape sequence
- Correct spelling mistakes
- Add a sentence to quasi-delete docs
- Modify gpg.rc to accommodate GPG 2.1 changes

## Build

- Fix build for RHEL6
- Define NCURSES_WIDECHAR to require wide-char support from ncurses
- Autosetup: fix check for missing sendmail
- Respect --with-ssl path
- Check that OpenSSL md5 supports -r before using it
- Autosetup: expand --everything in `neomutt -v`
- Make sure objects are not compiled before git_ver.h is generated
- Build: fix update-po target
- Fix out-of-tree builds
- Fix stdout + stderr redirection in hcachever.sh
- Build: moved the check for idn before the check for notmuch
- Define prefix in Makefile.autosetup
- Install stuff to $(PACKAGE) in $(libexecdir), not $(libdir)
- Update autosetup to latest master

## Code

- Rename files
- Rename functions
- Rename variables
- Rename constants
- Remove unused parameters
- Document functions
- Rearrange functions
- Move functions to libraries
- Add new library functions
- Rearrange switch statements
- Boolification
- Drop #ifdef DEBUG
- Fix Coverity defects
- Insert braces
- Split ifs
- Fallthrough
- Fix shadow variable
- Replace mutt_debug with a macro
- Return early where possible

## Upstream

- Note which ssl config vars are GnuTLS or OpenSSL only
- Add message count to $move quadoption prompt
- Add %R (number of read messages) for $status_format
- Add $change_folder_next option to control mailbox suggestion order
- Fix $smart_wrap to not be disabled by whitespace-prefixed lines
- Remove useless else branch in the $smart_wrap code
- Fix ansi escape sequences with both reset and color parameters