[neomutt-devel] Logging in NeoMutt

Guyzmo z+mutt+neomutt at m0g.net
Fri Apr 28 18:54:37 CEST 2017

On Fri, Apr 28, 2017 at 05:15:02PM +0100, Richard Russon wrote:
>     https://github.com/neomutt/neomutt/issues/162

yup 👍

> I think we should enable logging in NeoMutt without DEBUG needing to be
> defined.  There should be some limits, of course.
> Perhaps levels 1-3 would be general logging and 4+ for debug only.
> No logging of passwords/authentication data
> What do you think?

I'd say, per default in memory debug at runtime with a given number of
past messages kept (configurable with a :set option).

And with a command line argument, when it's set with a filename
parameter, open that filename and log into it.

Maybe use level of debug printouts that can be controlled with a setting
at runtime (between 1 to 3 and at compile time enable the 4 to 6 (for
debug).

Cheers,

--
zmo