[neomutt-devel] $locale -> $attribution_locale

Elimar Riesebieter riesebie at lxtec.de
Sat Sep 17 12:12:11 CEST 2016

* Richard Russon <rich at flatcap.org> [2016-09-14 11:31 +0100]:

> I've merged some upstream Mutt changes which affect the use of "$locale".
>
> The variable's use was misleading, so they've replaced it with:
>     $attribution_locale
>
> The long discussion of why is on the Mutt devel mailing list:
>     https://marc.info/?t=147164329700005&r=1
>
> For the next release, I'll announce the change and put in a temporary
> workaround, so $locale still works.

There is possibly no workaraound in neomutt-20160916. Anyway the
setting of LC_TIME will be used if $attribution_locale is unset.
Mine is en_DK.UTF-8. Please consider the en_DK locale. I's different
to i.e. en_EN.UTF-8 and IMHO better readable :-)

Elimar
--
  Obviously the human brain works like a computer.
  Since there are no stupid computers humans can't be stupid.