[neomutt-devel] [Feature] Compose to sender

Guillaume Brogi gui-gui at netcourrier.com
Thu Sep 1 18:55:14 CEST 2016

On Thu, Sep 01, 2016 at 01:24:12AM +0200, Sven Guckes wrote:
> * Guillaume Brogi <gui-gui at netcourrier.com> [2016-08-27 19:11]:
> > As flatcap asked, I would like to work on the "compose to sender" enhancement...
> > - This is NOT a reply but a NEW MAIL to the senders of the tagged messages.
> > - This patch does not work on tagged message but on the current message only.
> > - The main problem I see will be to dedup the mails in
> >   case a sender appears in several of the tagged emails.
> >
> > Does mutt already do something similar when
> > replying to all the recipients of message where
> > one person appears in both the To: and the Cc:?
>
> how about a test? :)

Thanks a lot. I didn't even stop to think how easy the test would be ^^

>     test#1: neomutt user at domain    user at domain
>     -> the To: line contains the address only once
Indeed. That is good news. Especially since doing
	neomutt "user <user at domain>" "othername <user at domain>"
	-> the To: line only contains "user <user at domain>".

So it seems dedup is taken care of. I only need to create a list of
addresses and ask neomutt to write a new mail with it.

>     test#2: neomutt user at domain -c user at domain
>     -> the address appears both in To: and Cc:
>
> now.. what will the MTA do with that?
My guess is it would depend on the MTA. However, I don't think it
matters to our use case, since the idea is to write a new mail to all
the senders, so there would be no-one in Cc: by default.

--
guiniol