[neomutt-devel] Mentoring New Coders on Easy Tasks

Richard Russon rich at flatcap.org
Fri Oct 7 15:04:19 CEST 2016

As you've may have noticed, I've created some "easy" coding issues:
    https://github.com/neomutt/neomutt/issues?q=is%3Aissue%20is%3Aopen%20label%3Aeasy

- Add New Hooks for Startup and Shutdown
- Sidebar Divider Improvement
- set variable = $default
- Create a new variable $net_folder_format
- Forgotten Attachment Improvement
- Clean the NeoMutt Build

The easy tasks about getting people used to building neomutt, committing
changes, etc.  That way people can do something useful, get credit for it, and
be encouraged to do more.

If you haven't done any coding on NeoMutt before, you're welcome to work on one.

I'm offering to mentor new coders with the easy tasks.

This will involve:
- Answering questions about NeoMutt and the code
- Helping them code
- Reviewing their code
- Creating a branch for them
- etc

I'd like to keep any mentoring discussion in the issue that they're working on.

I'm also looking for volunteers to Mentor new users :-)

Cheers,
    Rich / FlatCap
    NeoMutt Maintainer