[neomutt-devel] Distro Pages

Richard Russon rich at flatcap.org
Wed Nov 9 13:37:22 CET 2016

Installation, building and debugging are all slightly different
depending on your OS / distro.  I'd like to make things easier.

I've split up the downloads page on the website into individual distro
pages.  I'd like some simple instructions -- aimed at beginners.
    https://www.neomutt.org/distro.html

The Fedora and CentOS pages are complete.
    https://www.neomutt.org/distro/fedora
    https://www.neomutt.org/distro/centos

Please help fill in the other pages:
    Arch
    Debian
    FreeBSD
    Gentoo
    Homebrew
    MacPorts
    NetBSD
    NixOS Linux
    OpenBSD
    Void Linux

Each guide is written for a beginner.  It assumes that they have
performed the very minimum install of the distro.

Each page has these sections:

# Support
    Which versions of your distro support NeoMutt?
    Which only support Mutt?

# Installation
    Are there any pre-requisites to install NeoMutt?
    How do you install NeoMutt?

# Update
    Will NeoMutt be updated automatically?
    How do you update your copy of NeoMutt?
    How do you force an update of NeoMutt?

# Removal
    How do you remove NeoMutt completely?
    How do you downgrade to Mutt?

# Building from Source
    How do you install all the libraries and tools required to build
    NeoMutt from the source code?

# Debugging
    How do you install all the devel libraries and tools required to
    debug NeoMutt?

Notes:
    The Build and Debug sections are only concerned with dependencies.
    The actual instructions to Build/Debug will be common to all distros.

Each page already exists as a template in the website repo:
    https://github.com/neomutt/neomutt.github.io

Please help other people that use your distro.

Cheers,
    Rich