[neomutt-devel] CFT - Header cache enhancements (Phase #1)

Elimar Riesebieter riesebie at lxtec.de
Tue Nov 8 20:26:05 CET 2016

Hi Pietro,

* Pietro Cerutti <gahr at gahr.ch> [2016-11-08 18:49 +0100]:

[...]
> This is a Call For Testing for Phase #1, which in my opinion is currently in
> a pretty good shape.
>
> I encourage you to check out the devel/hcache-refactor branch, build it with
> your favourite backend enabled, and report to me (or on the issue) any
> fallout you encounter.

I checked out devel/hcache and merged distros/debian. The build just
ran fine for the lmdb hcache. I have had to rebuild the cache which
took about 75 sec for a 65K maildir box an a local partition. Well,
the 65k mailbox pop's up within a fingersnip, subjectively faster as
before. From now I'll run the devel/hcache-refactor on a daily use
basis on amd64 and i386. Check my User-Agent: header. I am *not*
using roundcube;-) Will report any issue here or on irc.

Seems to be a very good job, Pietro ;-)

Thanks for contributing
Elimar
--