[neomutt-devel] Coding tasks: Hard

Richard Russon rich at flatcap.org
Tue Aug 23 13:37:29 CEST 2016

Hi all,

Here are three tasks I'd like your help to get started.

These might be quite tricky, but I'm offering my time to help you.

You can ask any questions here or on IRC.

Cheers,
    Rich

Enhancement: Compose to sender
    https://github.com/neomutt/neomutt/issues/30

    This is quite a simple idea.  Tag some emails and instead of
    replying, create a new email to all the senders.

    The bug refers to a old discussion on the Mutt mailing list where
    there are some sample patches.

    Task:
        Take a list of tagged emails
        Create a list of their senders
        De-dupe the list
        Create a new email
        Fill in the "To:" field

Bug: existing messages not found in notmuch
    https://github.com/karelzak/mutt-kz/issues/145

    This bug might be quite hard to find and fix.

    After a discussion with the bug-raiser, @nicoe, it seems that the
    notmuch database is correct, but NeoMutt's handling of the file
    paths is broken.  One example path is:
        /home/nicoe/Maildir//home/nicoe/sent/cur

Enhancement: Sensible browser patch
    https://github.com/neomutt/neomutt/issues/1

    This feature has been around forever.  The patch is currently kept
    in the [devel7/sensible-browser] branch:
        https://github.com/neomutt/neomutt/tree/devel7/sensible-browser

    When navigating a directory tree: If you're in directory "/a/b/c"
    and you choose ".." (parent), then the cursor should be on the "b"
    directory.  By default, the cursor is placed on the first entry in
    the list.

    The patch "sort-of" works, but its behaviour isn't correct if you've
    chosen to sort the list by, e.g. "Count of new emails".